Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
2. The Foundation Philosophy is “Focusing on people – learning and growing”. Is the focus here on further training topics? Or where is the main focus?
3. How many employees does the TGW Future Foundation have?
4. Why is it only now that TGW Future Foundation has a website when the foundation has existed since 2004?
6. I would like to send an application to TGW Future Foundation or TGW Logistics Group GmbH, or take part in a Future Wings project. Where should I send my application?
7. I have looked at your website, but certain aspects were not really clear – would you like to hear my feedback?
Questions and Answers
The TGW Future Foundation is the superordinate “institution” for its two operating units, namely for the TGW Logistics Group on the one hand (which is owned by the TGW Future Foundation) and for the Future Wings activities on the other.
The TGW Future Foundation itself does not conduct any operational business. An overview of the entire structure of the TGW Future Foundation, its governing bodies and management staff is available under > Structure.
As the foundation is the superordinate institution, the Foundation Philosophy “Focusing on people – learning and growing” is the guiding principle for all of TGW Future Foundation’s operating units; its > Foundation Board is responsible for ensuring that the Foundation Philosophy and vision is put into effect by both operating units.
As regards the third part of the question: the owner of TGW Logistics Group GmbH is the TGW Future Private Foundation. TGW is thus a > foundation-owned business.
The > Foundation Philosophy must be seen as a whole. Here, again, it is worth quoting one of Ludwig Szinicz’s vision statements: People should be the focus of TGW’s activities; TGW should serve people. Every employee – as well as every person for whom we carry out non-profit projects – should be given the opportunity to learn and grow, in other words to develop both his professional skills and individual personality”Personal and professional development – that is what it is all about! Outlined below is a short description of what that entails for TGW and its non-profit activities.
Through its > Future Wings projects, the TGW Future Foundation also implements non-profit projects that also help people not employed at the company to (optimize their ability to) learn and grow. The TGW Future Private Foundation thus also helps people outside the company.
It would be misleading to give a figure in total, hence this information about the individual units, in other words the TGW Future Private Foundation, the company TGW Logistics Group GmbH and the Future Wings projects.
– The TGW Future Foundation has one salaried employee (June 2017); the members of the Foundation’s Board are, as is usual in this type of position, not company employees but receive a fee for their work.
– TGW Logistics Group currently has about 3,000 employees (business year 2016/2017).
– Future Wings has four salaried employees (January 2017).
This foundation model with the TGW Future Foundation as the owner of TGW Logistics Group on the one hand and the comprehensive Future Wings projects on the other is something special. The founder has come to realise over the last few years that although many people know the company TGW or the Future Wings projects, they do not know how everything is connected with the TGW Future Foundation. As a first step towards creating transparency, he suggested creating a website with the most important facts.
What is more: Even the TGW Future Foundation “learns and grows” itself: in 2018 an even more comprehensive website is planned, one that focuses in more detail on the Foundation Philosophy.
The Future Wings projects provide support with several projects in Upper Austria and with one project in Mexico. These projects help young people to learn and grow. At the moment, all available project funds are already allocated.
There are currently no positions available within TGW Future Foundation and Future Wings projects. If you are interested in working for TGW Logistics Group GmbH, you will find detailed information regarding vacancies on the Job & Career pages of TGW (https://www.tgw-group.com/en/Jobs).
A definite yes! We are obviously happy to receive positive feedback, but are equally grateful for critical observations that help us to learn and grow. Feedback is hence very welcome! (> Contact)